New Spa facility at this Luxury 5 Star country hotel set amongst 93 acres of woodland and parkland.
The Spa itself is broken down into a number of different facilities over 4 floors. The floors have been terraced to tie in with the existing contours of the land, which includes: swimming pool, treatment and thermal rooms, gym, yoga suites, changing rooms and dining area.
During the design process many sustainable technologies to power and heat the building have been evaluated for their practical and financial benefits. The main Spa building therefore has a number of plant rooms, which are required to service a building of this type. The proposal for a Biomass boiler is deemed to be the most practical. This has resulted in the need for a separate plant building to support this.
- Large area of heating, hot water & ventilation need needed, worked with the M&E Contractor to ensure the design fitted within the constraints of Part L.
- The final building specification was developed avoiding the need for bolt on renewables.
- LPG combined heat and power as the lead boiler, 2 X Biomass Boilers to make up the load with an LPG boiler to be used as back up
- 11 no. Air handling units with a mix of supply and extract with air filters, plate heat exchangers & thermal wheel heat recovery implemented across the building to ensure adequate ventilation levels were met especially in the swimming pool, restaurant and treatment rooms.
- Chilled water cooling to localised fan coils units to combat overheating.
- Hot water provided by 3 no. standalone water heaters.
- Lighting system based on a strategy using LEDs throughout.
- Full BMS system specified with separate end use metering.
Collaboration with the design team to ensure full Part L2A compliance.
Sectors: Commercial, Hotel